How to Fix a Leaky Outdoor Faucet

My faucet was leaking due to a loose packing nut. I had no idea how to fix this until I saw this video. After watching this video, You will be able to tighten the packing nut, fix it.
 How to Fix a Leaky Outdoor Faucet , How do you fix a leaky spigot   Question: I took off my handle and removed my packing nut, but there is no valve stem assembly. It appears my faucet is older. Any other videos for different faucets?
Ans: After removing the packing nut, try taking off the valve stem nut (holds the valve stem to the body of the frost free faucet/hose bib/sillcock). Then the valve stem can come out, gently, twisting it while pulling it out.

*When you tighten the nut behind the handle, make sure to turn the handle a couple of times first so the water is on. That creates some space inside, so that when you go to turn the nut you aren't forcing the innards together and damage something. great instructional Video, How do you fix a leaky spigot?

Comments